This article from TwinkleHub offers you information about UNIABUJA School Fees and other vital information for those seeking to enrol in the University of Abuja, Nigeria.
About UNIABUJA (The University of Abuja)
The University of Abuja, popularly known by students and many as UNIABUJA, is a federal tertiary institution, established in 1988 by the Nigerian government as a perfect way to increase access to higher education in the country (Nigeria).
UNIABUJA is located in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Nigeria and has functioned properly since its establishment as it has graduated many students who are doing great in society.
For more information about the school, you can visit the school portal (www.uniabuja.edu.ng).
How Much is the UNIABUJA School Fees?
₦61,340 for new students and ₦45,340 for old students, are the current school fees for University of Abuja students per academic session.
Each school fee covers the particular level you are in, which means, if you pay ₦61,340 for the 100-level, it covers your first semester and second semester in that 100-level, as you don’t need to pay another school fee in your second semester, but will pay another school fees in your 200-level, which will be lesser than the former. Furthermore, you can visit the school’s tuition fees portal for payment.
Tuition Fee Portal: www.uniabuja.edu.ng
Note that the tuition fees for the University of Abuja Part-time students, Postgraduates, Direct Entry, and Freshers differ which means the amount an undergraduate pays, is different from a part-time student.
However, the school fees for all courses offered at the University of Abuja are the same, including courses like Medicine and Surgery, Computer Science, Mass Communication, and others.
You can also visit the school’s payment portal below, and get a further breakdown of their fees, including accommodation fees for those who want to secure an apartment in the Hostel, or you keep reading below to get more breakdowns.
It’s important to pay the UNIABUJA fees on time to avoid late payment penalties like extra charges.
UNIABUJA Hostel Accommodations Fee
₦20,000 to ₦60,000, is the fee range for UNIABUJA hostel accomodations for admitted students, and it is per academic session.
You should know that the price of hostile accommodation at this institution varies according to where you pick because the institution has different hostels, which include halls of residence and student villages.
Staying at the halls of residence, the price is cheaper because it’s a traditional dormitory with shared facilities, while the student villages fee is more expensive because it is the more modern accommodation, and usually offers self-contained apartments.
Lastly, you should know that the fee you pay covers some utilities like electricity, water, and maintenance of the hostel facilities.
It is also advisable to pay for hostel accommodation on time, so you can pick a good block/bunker to stay in.
UNIABUJA Admission Requirements
Although the admission process into the University of Abuja, is competitive and based on merit, below are the basic admission requirements for UNIABUJA.
- You must have obtained a minimum of five (5) credit passes in your O’level (which is in your WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB), which must include basic/major subjects like English Language and Mathematics.
- You must have written and passed the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, also known popularly as the JAMB examination, and scored a minimum of 180 for UTME, but some courses like Law, Medicine, and Surgery require a high JAMB Score.
- You must pick the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) as your first choice institution in JAMB and participate in the post-UTME screening exercise as well.
- You must have/possess a first degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) from a top and well-recognized institution, and also in a relevant field of study.
- You must also obtain an NYSC discharge certificate or an exemption certificate.
- You must have a minimum of three (3) years post-qualification work experience which must be relevant.
- And lastly, you must meet up with the specific departmental admission requirements, which may include taking an entrance examination and/or an interview.
List of Courses Offered at UNIABUJA
Below are the various Faculties at the University of Abuja, and the Courses offered.
1. Faculty of Science
At UNIABUJA Faculty of Science, they offer;
- Computer Science
- Biological Sciences
2. Faculty of Agriculture
At faculty of Agriculture, they offer courses like;
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Soil Science and
- Crop Science
3. Faculty of Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
4. Faculty of Law
At the Faculty of Law, UNIABUJA offers,
5. Faculty of Education
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Guidance and Counseling
- Science Education and
- Social Science Education
6. Faculty of Arts
At UNIABUJA Faculty of Arts, they offer;
- English and Literary Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Islamic Studies
7. Faculty of Management Sciences
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Banking and Finance
8. Faculty of Social Sciences
- Political Science
9. College of Health Sciences
UNIABUJA College of Health Science programs include;
- Medicine and Surgery
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Physiology
- Nursing Science and
- Public Health
10. Postgraduate Programs
Lastly, the institution’s postgraduate programs include;
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Masters Degree and
- Doctorate Degree
Note that UNIABUJA also offers good part-time and distance learning programs across the various faculties.
Where is the University of Abuja located?
UNIABUJA is located in the Nigerian capital city of Abuja (FCT), at the Gwagwalada campus.
Is the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) a Federal University?
UNIABUJA is a federal government-owned university in Nigeria, and it’s the only Federal University in the heart (FCT) of Nigeria, also known as the University for National Unity.
Does the University of Abuja offer Part-time Programs?
YES, UNIABUJA offers good part-time programs, including distance learning programs across various faculties.
How Many Campus Does UNIABUJA Have?
UNIABUJA has two (2) campuses, known as the Mini Campus, which is located in Gwagwalada Area Council, and the Main Campus, which is located along Abuja-Airport Road.
University of Abuja (UNIABUJA), is among the best universities in Nigeria to study, and their admission is based on merit.
Feel free to use the comment section for other questions and inquiries.
- School of Nursing Gwagwalada, Abuja: The Fees, How to Apply, and Others
- Top 20 Good Music Schools in Abuja, Nigeria, and Their Locations
- Top Most Educated Tribes In South Africa (Latest Review)