Those seeking to know more about the telecom equipment industry and the best-paying jobs, should sit tight and enjoy this content, as this article from TwinkleHub has all you need to know.
What is Telecommunications Equipment All About?
In a simpler explanation, telecom equipment refers to any electronic device or system that is majorly used to transmit, receive, or relay information through the air.
Furthermore, telecom equipment can include all cell phones, radios, satellites, and fibre optic cables.
Is Telecommunications Equipment a Good Career Path?
Yes, Telecommunications Equipment is no doubt an outstanding and rewarding career path to venture, and it has various job opportunities with numerous benefits.
However, if you want to qualify for a good-paying job in the telecom equipment industry, you should have at least an undergraduate degree in either information engineering, telecommunication, or other related field.
Obtaining a certification in computer programming, either online or offline can also be helpful, including system design and networking.
We all know that the telecom equipment industry can never go down because of the constant use of its products, which increases its demand as well. Below are some benefits or reasons why you should consider the telecommunications equipment career path.
What are the Benefits of Choosing a Career Telecom Equipment?
Below are a few benefits you may enjoy when you pick the telecommunications equipment career path.
1. Good Pay: Surely you will enjoy excellent pay when you join this industry as they have high demand and good paying job opportunities.
2. Flexible Working Hours: The telecommunications equipment industry gives room for flexible working hours, which gives you the option to perfectly combine work and personal life responsibilities.
3. Opportunities for Advancement: Working in the telecommunications equipment industry, you enjoy the opportunity to advance your technological knowledge as the industry majors on various technology products.
Categories of Telecommunications Equipment You Should Know
1. Radio Communication
Radio communication is one of the vital categories of telecommunications equipment and this category includes everything ranging from walkie-talkies to cellular phones.
2. Network Engineering
The Network engineers specifically work on the infrastructure of telecommunications networks, by designing and maintaining systems that allow humans to communicate with each other electronically.
3. Satellite Communications
Another popular and vital category of telecommunications equipment is satellite communication, known to use certain satellites to send messages across the globe.
4. Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturing
This category focuses on producing good telecommunications equipment for usage.
5. Telecom Services
Lastly, the telecom service category involves everything from telemarketing to telesales.
Best Paying Jobs in Telecommunications Equipment
1. Telecommunication Technician
One of the best-paying jobs in the telecommunications equipment industry is the position of telecommunications technician, known to take charge of proper maintenance, repairs, and installation of all telecommunications equipment, including telecommunications networks, mobile networks, and computer systems.
2. Telecommunications Manager
The duty of a Telecom Manager is to plan, devise, build, configure, and commission telecommunications equipment, networks, and systems, including voice, data, satellite, digital data systems, and others.
3. Telecommunications Specialist
Your duty as a Telecom specialist is to oversee the interaction between computer systems, communication methods, and devices. This position also takes charge of all installation and maintenance of those systems as well.
4. Computer Programmer
The duty of a computer programmer is channelled to creating good computer software, and they also earn good pay monthly which makes it another good-paying job in the telecom industry.
5. Data Analyst
The duty of a data analyst is to dig into certain big data, which includes developing and implementing databases and data collection systems.
6. Systems Manager
Another good-paying job in the telecom industry is the system manager, known to focus on supervising the organizations’ computer-related activities by planning, installing, and monitoring all software and hardware to help meet the overall information technology needs.
7. Telecommunication Operator
The duty of a Telecom operator is to manage all the incoming calls, and collect required data, have fast and accurate typing, route various calls to where they need to go, and lastly, record conversations where required.
8. Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Engineer
The duty of a VOIP Engineer is to properly design, install, and maintain voice communications on a VoIP network.
9. Customer Service Representatives
Working as a customer service representative in this industry, your duty is to handle all customers’ issues and look for solutions.
10. Cable Installer and Repairer
Lastly, the position of a cable installer and repairer works in maintenance, and repairs of all residential cabling for internet and television services.
How Many Jobs Are Available In Telecommunications Equipment Career Path?
There are numerous job opportunities in the field of telecom equipment and the business is increasing significantly. However, there are about 21,500 good-paying jobs that are available in telecommunications equipment.
Skills Required for a Successful Career in Telecommunications Equipment
- Technological Knowledge and Experience
- Team work spirit
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge of how electronics works
Educational Requirements For Telecommunications Equipment
To excel or become a technician in the telecom equipment industry, you need to have at least an associate’s degree in telecommunications technology.
What are Three (3) Types of Telecommunication Devices?
- Manufacturers of telecom equipment
- Telecom Services and
- Wireless Communications.
- Is Department/Specialty Retail Stores a Good Career Path? And Best Paying Jobs
- Is Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores A Good Career Path? And 15 Best Paying Jobs in the Clothing Industry
- Is Military/Government/Technical A Good Career Path? And Best Paying Jobs
- Is Ordnance And Accessories A Good Career Path? And Best Paying Jobs in the Ordnance and Accessories Industry
- Is Savings Institutions A Good Career Path? / 10 Best Paying Jobs in Saving Institutions