Seeking to know if packaged goods and cosmetics are a good career path is the best thing to do if you have the passion to venture into this career path. because gaining knowledge of each career path will help you make better decisions on how to properly venture and the best-paying jobs to channel your energy.
What are Consumer Packaged Goods All About?
Consumer Packaged Goods, also known as CPG, is a large category of products mostly consumed daily and such includes food, beverages, personal care products, and all household items.
Furthermore, the consumer packaged goods are sold in retail stores, can be gotten online as well, and then safely delivered to your doorstep.
What are Cosmetics?
According to research, cosmetics cover all products that are majorly used in the enhancement of human facial beauty and body.
Further breaking it down, we can say that cosmetics are products that are applied on either the human face or body, which helps improve the appearance of that person.
Some examples of general cosmetics products we know include makeup, good skincare products, hair care products, fragrances, and other personal hygiene products.
Is Package Goods/Cosmetics A Good Career Path?
Yes, packaging goods and cosmetics is a rewarding career path with continuous growth, which also leads to an increase in job opportunities and demand for workers with good pay.
Package goods and cosmetics have an increased growth daily all over the world as many people use cosmetics to enhance their beauty, and to maintain such an attractive appearance requires regular usage of cosmetics products, which gives rise to more demands.
Everyone with knowledge and passion for cosmetics can venture into this career path and will do great as well. Below are some of the best-paying jobs in the cosmetics products industry.
Top Best Package Goods and Cosmetics Companies
Basic Skills Required in the Package Goods/Cosmetics Industry
Below are a few skills required from anyone who wants to excel in this package goods and cosmetics industry.
1. Interpersonal/excellent communication skills are one of the basic skills to excel in this industry, as they will help you properly associate with teams, workers, and customers.
2. Problem-solving skill is another perfect and basic skill required to excel in the package goods and cosmetics industry.
3. Good time management skills are vital in every industry as they help you meet demands and also offer good quality.
4. Lastly, you need to have good teamwork skills and experience because no industry operates with one person. You can perfectly skyrocket an industry by working as a team and putting heads together to find solutions and fix issues.
Best-paying jobs in Package Goods/Cosmetics
Below are the best-paying jobs in the package goods and cosmetics industry, including their salary ranges.
Note that salary depends on various factors like the company you work for, time frame, and the duties you do. Therefore the below salaries are the average range you can get paid yearly.
1. Global Innovation Director – (Salary $142,937)
Enjoying an average of $142,937 salary annually makes the position of a global innovation director in this industry an outstanding one.
Their duty is to properly maintain effective relationships with all companies that produce branded goods, and most have good leadership skills to do great in this position.
2. Dermatologist – (Salary $365,500)
Next on our list of best-paying jobs in the package goods and cosmetics industry is the dermatologist position, known to be physicians whose duty is channeled to properly diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of certain skin diseases.
The position of dermatologist, also called dermatologic surgeon in most countries, is vital in this industry because most skin can be helped or saved by the proper treatment of a dermatologist.
3. Development Executive – (Salary $299,845)
Earning a good range salary of $299,845 yearly, the position of development executive takes charge of proper planning and executing fundraising campaigns under the development executive’s purview.
4. Product Development Scientist/Engineer – (Salary $84,817)
Product Development Scientists and engineers are another good paying job in this industry known to take charge in developing and improving the overall functionality of products and also test them to ensure they will operate in the market.
5. Packaging Designer/Director – (Salary $143,740)
Another good-paying job in the package goods and cosmetics industry is the position of packaging Designer and Director, known to focus on designing, developing, and proper implementation of product packaging.
6. Recruiters – (Salary $54,768)
Earning around $54,768 yearly, the duty of a recruiter in the package goods and cosmetics industry is to employ workers after proper interviews and screening.
7. Analytics Senior Manager – (Salary $133,071)
The position of analytics senior managers is in charge of proper development and implementation of good strategies to help optimize digital marketing and business analytics programs, and they also earn good pay yearly.
8. Inventor/Brand Creator – (Salary $52,225)
The duty of an inventor or brand developer is to properly create good innovative products that consumers can’t get enough of and then successfully market them, and they enjoy a good salary of $52,225 yearly.
9. Beauty Director – (Salary $81,531)
Earning a good salary, the duty of a beauty director is to manage a cosmetics company’s overall appearance.
10. Sales Representative – (Salary $60,881)
The duty of a sales representative in the package goods and cosmetics industry is to take charge of selling all packaged goods and cosmetics to wholesalers and retailers, and also offer good advice on merchandising techniques to boost sales.
11. Brand Developer – (Salary $67,722)
Another good-paying job position in the package goods and cosmetics industry is the brand developer, known to take charge of proper creation and implementation of good marketing strategies, with their skills of research to help develop new products that will help promote the industry’s growth.
12. Merchant – (Salary $68,170)
Your duty as a merchant in the package goods and cosmetics industry is to oversee the company’s merchandising strategies, which includes their planning, execution, and analysis.
13. Beauty Artist – (Salary $22,232)
Occupying the position of Beauty Artist, your duty is to properly use various tools and products, to enhance human appearance and make them look more attractive with the combination of various colors and products.
14. Hair Stylist – (Salary $28,019)
Earning a good range salary of $28,019, your duty as a hairstylist or a hairdresser in this industry is to properly style, cut, and color hairs, to enhance natural beauty or appearance.
15. Skincare Professional – (Salary $43,228)
Lastly, the skincare professional is another good-paying job position in the package goods and cosmetics industry as their duty is channeled to offering good counseling to clients and administering treatments for their skin.
Is Cosmetics/Packaged Goods a Good Career Path?
Yes, it is an outstanding and rewarding career path to venture if you have the basic skills and passion.
- Is Specialty Insurers A Good Career Path? And Best-Paying jobs in Specialty Insurers
- Is Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores A Good Career Path? And 15 Best Paying Jobs in the Clothing Industry
- Is Military/Government/Technical A Good Career Path? And Best Paying Jobs
- Is Packaged Foods A Good Career Path? / Available Jobs in the Industry
- Is Specialty Chemicals A Good Career Path? / 20 Best Paying Jobs in Specialty Chemicals