Is Hotels/Resorts a Good Career Path? This article will answer all questions concerning the hotel and resort career path, including the best-paying jobs in the industry, skills required to excel, and others.
The hotels and resorts career path falls in the hospitality industry, and it’s home to numerous careers from hotel clerks to hotel managers, including room service staff, housekeeping, and others.
If you dream of working in any hotel or motel establishment, this article is perfect for you. Just sit tight as you read through and learn more about the hotel and resort industry.
Is Hotels/Resorts A Good Career Path?
Yes, hotels and resorts are a rewarding and lucrative career path for those passionate about working in a hotel or resort.
There is also an increase in demand for workers in this career path, which makes getting a job very easy. The career path has numerous job opportunities, starting from working as an accounting clerk, resort manager, bar attendant, etc.
Another good aspect of the hotel and resort industry is the room for growth and improvement, including enjoying competitive salaries.
What Is The Hotel/Resort Industry All About?
According to research, the hotel/resort industry is also recognized as the same as the hospitality industry. It covers vital areas like Casinos, Lodges, Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Tourism-related Events, amusement parks, and restaurants.
List of Highest Paying Jobs in a Hotel?
- Hotel Manager
- Hotel Assistant General Manager. Resort Manager.
- Hotel Operations Manager.
- Hotel Controller.
- Chef Concierge.
- Guest Relations Manager and
- Conference Concierge.
The Requirements & Skills To Work and Excel in the Hotels/Resorts Career Path
Below are a few skills you are expected to have before venturing into the hotels and resorts career path so you can excel.
- Good communication is one of the top skills you should have to connect with your customers and employees freely.
- You should have emotional intelligence skills, which will help your awareness of the feelings and emotions of other people and help you manage interpersonal relationships with others.
- You should also be able to work alone or in a team.
- Another skill to have is active listening, a vital part of hospitality that will excel you in the hotel and resort industry.
Advantages of Choosing the Hotels/Resorts Career Path?
Below are the advantages of hotels and resorts career path, which link to why you should consider the career path.
1. Growth: The hotels and resorts industry enjoys significant growth because most people engage in regular travel and always require a hotel to lodge and rest, creating room for the speedy development of their career path.
2. Diverse Job Opportunity: The hotels and resorts industry is known for its growth, creating job opportunities in various working sectors with good pay.
3. Job Satisfaction: Both the job fee is satisfying, and if you have a passion for caring for people, the hotels and resorts are perfect for you.
The Best Paying Jobs In Hotels/Resorts Career Path
One of the best-paying jobs in the hotels and resorts career path is housekeeping, known to be in charge of cleaning all guest rooms and their properties.
As a housekeeper, you must ensure that all room properties, like towels and toiletries, are clean and in appropriate positions.
2. Parking Attendants
The parking attendant is another best-paying job in a hotels/resorts career path, and the person to occupy this position can either drive guests’ vehicles to the packing garage or monitor the packing garage to collect fees from those packing their cars.
As a parking attendant, you should have driving skills, which means you should know how to drive all kinds of vehicles, manual or automatic.
3. Front Desk Managers
The front desk managers take charge of proper checking of guests in and out of the hotel and also take responsibility for answering all guest questions about the hotel, including answering phone calls and making reservations for guests.
The front desk managers are also highly sought after in any hotel and resort, and they are paid well because of their vital role.
4. Hotel Management
Having good management skills, the hotel management, also known as the General Manager or GM, oversees the various departments working in the industry.
With good cooking skills, the hotels and resorts chefs are sought after because the hotels can not do without food, making the position highly respected and paid well.
6. Foodservice Staff
The food service staff oversees all food-related aspects, including the bar section. They attend to guests who need either food or drinks.
7. Amenities Workers
Amenities workers are also among those who earn well in hotels and resorts, as they are in charge of offering exceptional amenities like on-site spas, golf courses, water parks, and beach access to guests.
The concierge position helps guests with special requests like booking dinner reservations or securing tickets to specific events or attraction places.
9. Event Staff
Event staff in hotels and resorts rent event spaces for those who want to book rooms for weddings, parties, and other entertaining activities.
10. Back Office
Lastly, the back office is another good-paying job in hotels/resorts, including accountants, human resource agents, purchasing agents, marketing and sales professionals, information technology workers, and more.
Facts to Consider Before Choosing the Hotels/Resorts Field
1. Irregular schedules: The hotels/resorts are physically demanding and require flexible hours to accommodate guest needs fully. Therefore, everyone who wants to work in this career path should be ready for specific late-night shifts, weekend shifts, and even early-morning work.
2. High-demand Periods: During certain seasons or hours, there is a high demand for workers, or the demand for work increases and becomes more stressful as more guests are welcomed. Therefore, you must always be ready to handle stress and work effectively.
3. Physical Demands: Most roles in hotels/resorts are physically demanding as they might involve you standing for hours or working either in the kitchen or running errands for hours to satisfy guests needs.
- Is EDP Services A Good Career Path / Best Paying Jobs in EDP Services
- Is Energy A Good Career Path? All About Energy Engineering You Should Know
- Is Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industries a Good Career Path / Best Paying Jobs
- Is Building Materials A Good Career Path? (Discover More)