Borno State Scholarship: Every student who is an origin of Borno, and cares for educational funding to further his or her higher institution education, should seek the state scholarship, provided by the Borno State Scholarship Board.
The Borno State Scholarship Board has done a great job of offering scholarships to a good number of young brilliant indigenous students, just to help build the state’s educational system and help children who are not financially stable.
The scholarship is a financial support or can be said to be part of the government’s social welfare and cooperative responsibility to the Borno Indigenes, that’s aimed at helping brilliant students with a zeal for education, and have gained study admission into well-recognised tertiary institutions in Nigeria, and you should know that the scholarship is for their first year of studies.
It will please you to know that the Scholarship is usually sponsored by the Borno State Government through the State’s Bursary, and the scholarship program has benefited many students over the years.
To get more information about the Borno State Scholarship, including its requirements and how to apply, you can either visit the scholarship portal attached below or keep reading this content to get the basic information required for scholarship approval.
Link to Borno State Scholarship Portal: visit https://bornostate.gov.ng/
Requirements for Borno State Scholarship
Below are the basic and vital requirements for the Borno State Scholarship, which you should take note of.
- Applicant must be an Indigene of Borno State.
- You must be a first-year student of an approved institution.
- You must have good education grades.
- If you’re a student in Higher Institutions like universities, Including Polytechnics and colleges of Education, you are expected to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Once eligible for the scholarship, you will have to go through certain screening processes where you will be verified.
- You must obtain some certificates like, First School Leaving Certificate, also known as FSLC, Certificate of Origin (Indigenous Certificate), and Statement of Result containing your CGPA from any tertiary institution listed.
How to Apply for Borno State Scholarships
It is important to note that the scholarship opportunity for this year, 2023 has closed, and students await the next year, 2024 opportunity to apply.
However, eligible students are to follow some process to apply, in which they must pass the above-listed requirements for a higher chance of gaining admission.
To apply, just visit the scholarship portal attached below, navigate to the enrollment portal, carefully fill out the required information and wait patiently for their response.
Make sure that you apply caution when filling out the application forms, to avoid mistakes or errors in spelling or name or number, to avoid not getting the scholarship due to name error or others.
Here is the link to the official Borno State Scholarships Board portal. link: http://scholarship.bo.gov.ng/.
List of Eligible Local Government Areas In Borno State
Below are eligible Local Government Areas in Borno State that are eligible for the scholarship program:
- Bama, Borno
- Bayo, Nigeria
- Biu, Nigeria
- Jere, Borno
- Kaga, Nigeria
- Kwaya Kusar
- Marte, Borno
- Shani, Nigeria
The Borno State Scholarship has helped many indigenous students who are not financially capable of sponsoring their educational journey.
Furthermore, you can be a direct beneficiary of the scholarship, within and even outside the country, as all you need is to be an indigene of the State.
Don’t forget to feel free and ask any question regarding the scholarship program, using the comment section below, and you will get quick feedback from our response team.
- Top Most Educated Tribes In South Africa (Latest Review)
- Discover the Top 15 Most Educated Tribes in Africa
- 12 Most Outstanding Music Schools in Durban, South Africa
- 18 Best Music Schools in Cape Town, South Africa