Are you searching for the best/outstanding barber schools in California? This article will help you with a list of some great institutions in California which offer unique barbering programs.
Everyone who has an interest in excelling in the barbering industry should be aware that barbering is a specialized skilled profession that requires a certain knowledge of hair and skin care, in addition to the ability to use a variety of tools and techniques to create one-of-a-kind hairstyles and perform grooming services.
If you want to be successful in the field of barbering, you should attend a barber school that has a solid reputation and is appropriately certified. Such a school will be able to give you all of the knowledge and training you need to be successful in this line of work.
Criteria for Selecting the Best Barber Schools
The below criteria will help you make a good choice of an outstanding barber institution which will offer you the best skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your career.
1. Accreditation is one of the best things to look for when looking for the right barber school. Accreditation means that the school is recognized by an agency, and it makes sure that the curriculum, facilities, and teachers all meet certain standards.
2. Curriculum: Make sure the school has a full and standard curriculum that covers all the important parts of barbering, such as cutting and styling techniques, safety and cleanliness, customer service, and business management.
3. Hands-on training: Be sure to pick a barber school that provides a significant number of opportunities for hands-on training so that you can improve both your abilities and your potential job options.
4. Experienced instructors: If you want to improve your performance, you should look for a school that is staffed with highly qualified, experienced teachers who have a proven track record of accomplishment in the field.
5. Facilities: Find a school that has decent and modern facilities, which are also well-maintained by top professionals and are also well-equipped with the latest tools and equipment. Look into the schools that meet these criteria.
6. Cost / Tuition: Look to see how much the tuition and any other fees related to attending the barbering school cost, and ensure that you have the funds in your budget to see you through to the completion of your studies.
What are the Best Barber Schools in California?
1. Paul Mitchell – San Diego
The Paul Mitchell College of Barbering, which is known to be an above-average for-profit college based in San Diego, California, with high academic achievement over the years, comes in at number one on our list of exceptional barber schools in California.
Cosmetology, Barbering, Make-Up Artistry, and Tattooing are among the most popular majors at this institution, which is a very small school with an undergraduate enrolment of 233 students. The acceptance rate at this school is one hundred per cent.
The MTI, which is known to be a highly regarded for-profit college and can be found in North Highlands, California in the Sacramento Area, takes the second spot in our list of the best barber colleges in California.
It is possible that you will find it fascinating to learn that this outstanding educational establishment has an enrollment of 495 undergraduate students and an admission rate of 80%.
3. Bellus Academy
The Bellus Academy, which has locations in Poway and National City, is yet another excellent barbering school that offers specialized courses and reasonable rates for their tuition fees. Students who are accepted into this school’s barbering program will participate in a curriculum that places an emphasis on artistic expression, technical perfection, and commercial savvy.
4. Cinta Aveda Institute – San Francisco
Cinta Aveda Institute – San Francisco is an above-average for-profit institution that can be found in San Francisco, California. In addition to having excellent academic accomplishments over the years, the school also has superb facilities.
This school has a total of 141 first-year students enrolled in its undergraduate program. Esthetician & Skin Care, Cosmetology, and Barbering are the most popular majors at this institution.
Students are equipped with the theory, practical hands-on experience, and professional company-building techniques necessary to succeed in an industry that is always evolving thanks to the salon-ready atmosphere provided by the school.
5. Hacienda La Puente
Hacienda La Puente is a public college that can be found in Industry, California, in the Greater Los Angeles Area. It is also considered to be one of the top barber schools in the state of California due to the fact that it provides a one-of-a-kind barbering program along with high-quality educational facilities.
573 first-year students are now enrolled in this educational establishment.
6. Bellus – El Cajon
Bellus – El Cajon is a for-profit college that is considered to be above average. It is situated in El Cajon, California, which is part of the San Diego Metropolitan Area. The college has a total enrollment of 184 undergraduate students with an acceptance rate of 100%.
This educational establishment offers a number of popular majors, including Esthetician & Skin Care, Cosmetology, and Barbering.
7. Moler Barber College
Last but not least on our list of exceptional and one-of-a-kind barber schools in California is the Moler Barber College, which boasts a high acceptance rate as well as instructional spaces that are spacious and well-appointed.
FQAs On the Best Barber Schools in California
How Much Does it Cost to Go to Barber School in California?
Research indicates that the cost of obtaining a barber education in the state of California ranges anywhere from $15,500.00 to $17,810.00.
How Long Does Barber School Take in California?
In order to become a certified barber in the state of California, the first requirement is to finish a training program that is at least 1,000 hours long. For students enrolled in classes full-time, this equates to a little over 6 months. Training includes both theoretical classroom instruction and hands-on, practical experience.
What is a Barber’s Salary in California?
As of the 26th of January, 2023, the average income for a Barber in the state of California is $37,244, however, the salary range commonly ranges between $29,983 and $44,853.
- Top 10 Best Barber Schools in Florida
- Top 10 Best Barber Schools in the World and Their Locations
- Top 8 Best Barber Schools in the US (Latest Update)
- Ranking the Best Barber Schools in New York City